ETHETICS (ethics+aesthetics) is a series exploring and celebrating ethical and socially responsible brands around the world in partnership with the International Trade Centre’s Ethical Fashion Initiative. We’re dedicated to the telling of alluring stories that provoke the eco-conscious and the eco-curious.
Episode 1 and 2 features South African designers AKJP and a collaboration between Lukhanyo Mdingi & Nicholas Coutts and both episodes are Official Selections of the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2016 and premiered online at Vogue Italia.
The films have screend at festivals around the world and have collected various nominations and awards including:
- Best Documentary at Panama Fashion Film Festival
- Best Cinematography at the Mercedes-Benz Bokeh South Africa Fashion Film Festival (also nominated for Best Fashion and Best Documentary)
- Best Designer/Brand at Fashion Film Festival Milano (also nominated for Best Documentary)
Best Cinematography at Miami Fashion Film Festival
- Best Styling at Mexico Fashion Film Festival
- Nominated for Best Fashion Documentary at the London Fashion Film Festival
- Shortlisted for Best Film from US/Canada at the Berlin Fashion Film Festival
- Nominated for Best Director at Porto Fashion Film Festival
- Nominated for Best Fashion Short at the Academy Award-qualifying Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia in Japan.
See the first two episode below and learn more about the series at ethetics.com